Personal Injury Attorney Benjamin Muth joined Muth Law in 2012, and concentrates his practice exclusively in personal injury litigation, including auto accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, and other serious injuries.
Respected by colleagues for his thorough trial preparation and excellent legal writing, Ben himself considers his greatest strength in practice his ability to relate to clients. Ben knows that each case he handles affects the lives of real people, and has real consequences. He listens to his clients, counsels them through tough times, and represents them in court. Ben knows that clients can be hesitant to call an Attorney about their injury, but that when they do, he can provide information and insight that assuages those fears. A lawsuit is not always the best course of action, and Ben has counseled many individuals through their unique circumstances.
Knowing who he's fighting for, and what it means to them to have someone in their corner, provides Ben with the motivation he needs to do the hard work of preparing for trial. Achieving a good outcome for his clients, and knowing the relief that brings them, is a source of great satisfaction for Ben.
Areas of Practice
- Michigan, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2020
- Vermont Law School
- J.D. cum laude, 2012
- Arizona State University
- B.A., Journalism, cum laude, 2009
- B.A., Anthropology, cum laude, 2009
Professional Memberships and Associations
- State Bar of Michigan
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Washtenaw Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association
- City of Ann Arbor, Elizabeth Dean Trust Fund Committee – Chairman (2015-19)
- City of Ann Arbor, Environmental Commission – Committee Member (2015-17)
- Washtenaw Association for Justice – Board Member
- Washtenaw County Bar Association – New Lawyers’ Section Co-Chair (2013-15)
- Washtenaw County Bar Association – Member
Honors and Awards
- Michigan’s Pipe Dreams, Res Ipsa Loquitur, Washtenaw County Bar Association, March/April 2016, Volume 45, Number 2, available here.
- An Urban Agriculture Permit System for Detroit’s Vacant Land, 30 Michigan Environmental Law Journal, Number 2, Winter, 2011
Ben Muth works with clients in Washtenaw County and throughout Michigan. Please contact him to schedule a free, confidential consultation regarding your serious injury matter by phone at 734-481-8800 or via e-mail.