Michigan Truck Accident Lawyer: Catastrophic Large Truck Accidents
Eighteen-wheelers and tractor-trailers are part of the Michigan landscape, common sights on the highways we travel every day. We rely on them to transport goods all over the country. However, truck accidents often lead to death or serious injury for innocent people, even more frequently than when two automobiles are involved in an accident.
If you've been injured or lost a loved one due to an accident involving a large truck or other commercial vehicle, your life was drastically changed in the course of a few terrifying moments. At Muth Law, our Michigan Truck Accident Lawyer has a mission: to help you recover all the benefits you are entitled to under Michigan law.
Common Causes of Commerical Truck Accidents
Most accidents involving large commercial trucks are the fault of the truck driver, or in some instances the trucking company. These include:
- Driver Fatigue: Under pressure to deliver a load on time, or with incentives to deliver early, drivers may continue to drive long past the time when fatigue makes it unsafe to do so.
- Distracted Driving: Texting and driving, or simply changing the radio station, can divert a trucker's attention for the few critical seconds it would take to avoid an accident.
- Drug or Alcohol Abuse: A surprising number of large truck accidents are caused by truck drivers who are operating large commercial vehicles while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Mechanical Failure: Commercial carriers are required to inspect their trucks regularly, but this does not always happen. Failure to inspect can lead to brakes, tires, and other critical equipment to fail.
- Weather Conditions: Braking distance on wet or icy roads is much longer than it would be on dry roads, a problem that's compounded by the weight of a large truck.
- Improper Loading: Cargo that is improperly loaded or secured can cause large commercial trucks to tip over or jackknife.
No matter what caused the accident that injured you, recovering from the results can take months or years. In the meantime you worry about medical bills and meeting your regular expenses. You need and deserve help so that you can focus on healing. The Michigan Truck Accident Lawyers at Muth Law help lift the burden from your shoulders.
Help from an Ann Arbor Michigan Truck Accident Lawyer
Muth Law is a family-owned law firm. With over 35 years of experience as auto accident attorneys working from our Ann Arbor offices, we know how injuries from a serious truck accident devastate a family. We can't heal your physical injuries, but we pursue recovery from the people responsible for your injuries. We take the legal and financial worries off your plate so you can concentrate on what really matters: your health and your family.
Muth Law P.C. works with clients in Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County and throughout Michigan. You will never pay us an attorney fee until we recover money for you. Please contact us to schedule a free, confidential consultation regarding your truck accident injury matter by phone at 734-481-8800 or via e-mail. We look forward to serving your family.