December 3rd, 2020
When you think of who might own a Corvette, Mustang or Ferrari, you might have a picture of a certain type of driver in your head. Most likely, it’s the type of driver who likes to rev up their engine at a stop light and speeds and swerves through traffic as fast as possible. However, do certain models of vehicles really come with more careless drivers?
When it comes to speeding violations, police do cite drivers of specific models of vehicles more than others. And not surprisingly, drivers of sports cars and muscle cars receive more speeding violations than drivers of other vehicles. However in both 2019 and 2020 rankings, the models of vehicles most commonly involved in speeding violations were more moderately priced cars. The following are the top 10 vehicle models most commonly involved in speeding violations:
- Subaru WRX sports sedan, with a 49% above-average speeding rate
- Volkswagen GTI, with a 40% above-average speeding rate
- Subaru Impreza, with a 34% above-average speeding rate
- Infiniti G37, with a 33% above-average speeding rate
- Dodge Dart, with a 32% above-average speeding rate
- Hyundai Veloster sports compact, with a 32% above-average speeding rate
- Dodge Challenger muscle car, with a 31% above-average speeding rate
- Dodge Ram 2500 pickup, with a 29% above-average speeding rate
- Dodge Charger muscle car, with a 29% above-average speeding rate
- Nissan 350Z sports car, with a with a 29% above-average speeding rate
Speeding and careless driving can cause devasting accidents. In 2017, speeding was a factor in 26% of all U.S. traffic fatalities. Reckless driving, running red lights and tailgating also are common causes for car accidents.
It’s important to understand that being a careful driver can better ensure your safety, and that of others, while on the road – no matter what model of vehicle you are driving.
Categories: Auto Accidents